Recognition by the Press
- Dr. Marshall Goldsmith was recently named winner of the Thinkers50 Leadership Award (sponsored by Harvard Business Review) as the world's most influential leadership thinker. Along with being recognized as the #1 leadership thinker, Marshall was listed as the #7 greatest business thinker in the world.
- Referenced over 200 times as a thought leader in the New York Times, Financial Times, The Economist, BusinessWeek, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Straits Times (Singapore), The Economic Times (India), and other leading global business publications (see "Marshall in the Press").
- Named in BusinessWeek as one of the most influential practitioners in the history of leadership development - who has achieved iconic status as an executive coach - and listed as one of America's 50 great leaders.
- Ranked as one of the top ten executive educators in The Wall Street Journal.
- Listed in the top 15 of the World's Top 25 Leadership Experts by topleadershipgurus.com.
- Listed in Forbes as one of five most-respected executive coaches - and featured in a Forbes article, where he was described as the rock star in the world of executive coaching.
- Described in The Economist as one of three of the most credible thought leaders in the new era of business.
- Referenced in Fast Company as America's pre-eminent executive coach.
- Named by London Times as one of the top 50 most influential living management thinkers.
- Described in USA Today as one of the USA's top executive coaches.
- The only person in his field to be profiled in the New Yorker magazine, who noted that he ... "provides his clients with a money back guarantee that if they do what he tells them they will get better. And they do."
- Featured as a leading executive coach in a Harvard Business Review interview, who noted "he has the credentials of an elite consultant."
- Interviewed and described as one of "six great communicators" in the Oprah magazine.
- Referenced in the Chicago Tribune as one of the great thinkers in his field.
- Ranked as one of the top 10 executive educators and "perhaps the top leadership coach in the world" in Leadership Excellence magazine.
- Listed as one of the five Rajgurus of America in The Economic Times (India).
- Featured in a cover story in Business Strategy Review (London Business School).
- Interviewed as one of sixteen global thought leaders in the Business Times (Singapore).
- Interviewed and described as "the world's greatest executive coach" in Management (New Zealand).
- Chosen by Emerald Literati Network as a Highly Commended Award Winner at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2009 for article entitled Helping successful leaders get even better published in Business Strategy Series.
Recognition from Professional Associations and Organizations in the Field
- The Institute for Management Studies - Presented Dr. Goldsmith with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions to the field of leadership and coaching.
- Academy of Management (Consulting Division) - Selected Marshall as the Distinguished Speaker for the Academy's national convention.
- American Management Association - Named as one of 50 great thinkers and business leaders who have impacted the field of management over the past 80 years. Selected Marshall as keynote speaker for AMA's 80th anniversary leadership forum. Webcast with Marshall was AMA's highest rated webcast ever.
- American Society for Association Executives (ASAE) - Chosen to be one of nine members of the national Thought Leader Advisory Council.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) - Chosen to keynote the national convention.
- American Society for Training and Development - Co-designer of the "innovation award" winning training program, selected as a "Legend of Training and Developoment" for the ASTD national convention.
- Center for Creative Leadership - Chosen to keynote the national convention.
- Conference Board - Chosen to keynote the national HR Leadership Conference - also chosen to keynote four major Executive Coaching Conferences.
- Dale Carnegie Training - Chosen to keynote the national convention twice.
- Hewitt Associates - Selected Marshall to be one of eight judges in their "Top Companies for Developing Leaders" research as well as the thought leader in their global executive coaching network.
- Human Resource Planning Society (HRPS) - Chosen as a member of the National Thought Leader Advisory Board and chosen to keynote the National Convention on three different years.
- Institute for Management Studies - Outstanding Faculty Award.
Linkage - "greatest coaches and advisors" research - Ranked Marshall #1 speaker on the topic of executive coaching in a survey of over 100,000 leaders and professionals.
- National Academy of Human Resources - Installed Marshall as a Fellow in The Academy in November 2005. This is the highest honor for a human resource professional in the United States.
- National Speakers Association - Chosen to keynote the national convention in 2008.
- Professional Coaches and Mentors Association (PCMA) - Chosen to keynote the national convention on two different years.
- Project Management Institute - Recognized Marshall in 2005 as one of 50 prolific leaders and one of seven icons in the field of project management.
- Worldwide Association of Business Coaches (WABC) - Chosen to keynote the 10th Anniversary Conference held in Vancouver, BC, Canada in May 2007.
- Wharton School of Business - Center for Leadership and Change Management - Recognized Marshall as one of nine thought leaders in the field as well as featuring him as a keynote speaker in their annual Leadership Conference